Plus Size Packing Tips for a Tropical Holiday
There is nothing better than to go on holidays somewhere warm and tropical when the weather turns cold. Aussies love to head north to Broome, Cairns or Darwin or over to Fiji, Bali, Thailand and other Asian or South Pacific destinations during the winter months.
Many women avoid plus size swimwear shopping so knowing where and what to pack is essential as you don’t want to be lugging around a heavy suitcase with clothes that you won’t even wear.
Here are some tips to make packing a breeze
- Keep a check on the weather for your destination before you go as this will influence what you need to pack. Nights might be cool so be prepared with a light cardigan or wrap. Sarongs can also be used as a light wrap.
- Plus size swimwear is essential to take on holidays. Choose a plus size swimsuit that can mix and match. When choosing a new swimsuit think about how the suit can be worn with other garments. Separate tops and bottoms can be mixed and matched with skirts, pants or kaftans to create an outfit that will take you from the beach to a café for a casual lunch. Black plus size swimwear is stylish, slimming and can be worn with bright cover ups and accessories. Always pack two plus size swimsuits. Humid countries means suits can take a long time to dry so always have a back up suit hand.
- Choose chlorine resistant plus size swimwear. Not only is a chlorine resistant swimsuit easy to care for, the long lasting fabric will mean that your swimsuit will last for future holidays.
- Always pack a kaftan. Plus size kaftans are the perfect accessory for holidays. They can be worn over plus size swimwear during the day, add jewelry and sandals for an outfit that you can wear out to dinner. Match the colours of the kaftan to your swimsuit.
- Take one smart semi-formal dress to wear during the evening.
- Beach Pants are a must have item. Cool and comfortable to wear night and day they can also help to protect from dangerous mosquito bites. Plus size beach pants are available at Seajewels Swimwear.
- Protect yourself from the sun. You will need a hat and sunscreen and a sun protection plus size rash shirt as your delicate winter skin needs to be protected. Zip front rash shirts are perfect for wearing over plus size swimwear at the pool or beach especially if you will be snorkeling or doing water sports.
- Take an eco bag or two. These can be rolled up in your handbag but have a variety of uses. Perfect as a beach bag, while out shopping or to even to bring home your laundry. .
- Don’t forget a good book or two.
Shopping for plus size swimwear and cover ups is a breeze at SeaJewels Swimwear. With easy exchanges and returns you will never need to worry about shopping for holidays again. Visit www.seajeweslsswimwear.com.au or call.
Phone Advice Available - Freecall 1800 008 482
We have an easy returns policy should an item not suit when it arrives. You can also call us on the phone for advice as well.
Free Shipping: We offer free Australia-wide on orders over $100
Brands: Sea Jewels, Viva Swim, Sunskins